Monday, January 13, 2014

Relationship Reflection

Relationships are an essential part in life and contribute towards one’s health and well-being. The quality of these connections assist in maintaining loving, nurturing happy lifestyles, reversely in negative circumstances it can also enable destructive behaviors. Positive healthy relationships are important to me because they are the foundation and central to all of the things that are meaningful to me. All associations in life regardless if they are, love, family, friendship, or work require effort from both parties in order to operate. In my experience respect, communication, as well as trust are essential in sustaining these relationships. All of these experiences both positive and negative have an effect on my ability to work as an early childhood professional. In any human service field, individuals must rely on their past occurrences from even a young age to facilitate how to care about and treat others. Interacting with early learners, allows for educators to teach, and promote positive social-emotional development that will enable young children to start forming healthy relationships. A great example of this is in preschool, where most programs have a unit on friendship where they learn knowledge of sharing, and feelings.
My Husband and I have been together for 3 years and support each other by having mutual respect for one another and clear and open communication.
My children and I share the closet type of bond that is secured and maintained through love, respect, guidance and commuication.
My younger brothers and I have a close relationship, that has grown more over the years. I am 7 years older then them so we havent always had things in common, but now that they are older and more mature we have more common interests.
My mom and I have had a roller coaster of a relationship, that has endured many ups and downs since I was small. Now that I am a mother myself I am really able to appreciate the type of bond that a mother has with her child.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much your perspective changes when you have children? I agree that trust and communication are key to helping maintain a healthy relationship no matter who it is with.

    ReplyDelete