Thursday, June 25, 2015

Time Well Spent



This program has taught me so much about the administrative side of early childhood, about being a leader, and most importantly it has allowed me to realize some important truths about myself. The first deep knowledge that I have acquired throughout this program has been the process of budgeting and allocating resources, in a program. Not only is it a vital skill to know these concepts but the process in which we created a program to budget for and wrote grant proposal provided me with real life hands on experiences. Another, concept I will deeply take with me is from the building research competencies course, previously I had no type of experience with reading research papers or writing them. This course provided me with valuable skills towards understanding the basic conformity to which papers are written, and towards understanding them. I have even found some interesting jobs that requires its applicants to have of knowledge of teases rich competencies, so I'm excited and appreciative to have that knowledge added to my resume. Lastly, the knowledge I acquired in the perspectives in diversity and equity course have impacted the most out of all the courses on this journey. Learning about self-reflection, and it's affects on myself as a teacher has provided with a new view on just how different elements can affect the environment in which we teach. The impact that diversity has on the real world classroom, is a reality that many educators do not know how to incorporate within their methods of teaching. I truly believe that this course should be offered at the B.S level, and mandated to take in order to teach. 

My long term goal is to open my own daycare center. The knowledge and skills acquired over the course of this will help me take one step closer to achieving this goal.

I would like to say thank-you to Dr. E, and all the other professors that have helped me over the course of this program. A special thanks to all my colleagues, I have learned so much by reading your insightful work, and from your own critiques on my own work has made me a better student and educator forcing me to think critically, or out of the box.  

Good Luck to everyone in their futur eEndeavors!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley,

    It has been a pleasure to work with you during this course and many other courses through this educational journey. I have used your insight often through the blog post and I have gained much knowledge through your experiences. Thanks for great information and feedback. I wish you much success on your life long journey. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete