Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Child's Perception



This is a picture of an illustration one of my students drew for me, my first year in teaching. The task was to draw one of your favorite things in the world, and this particular student decided to depict me. I was so flattered, at the concept that she would draw me that I have kept it to this very day. I choose this illustration because it shows the admiration and regard that students have for their teachers. I also, chose this for the spelling error and for the humor of it. In the process of learning phonics and phonemic awareness, children often make this mistake by writing words as they sound.  This picture always makes me laugh, and often is a reminder of how the young mind works, when it comes to learning how to read and write.

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable. Teachers are very important models in a child's life. You were very loved by this student and that is such a wonderful feeling. How long have you been teaching? I will reach my one year teaching mark on May 31, 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! It's super cute and shows how much you are loved by your kids. I love how the child drew a sunshine over you. That must mean you have a happy and sunny disposition! And...it's hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, Thank you for all your support on my blog! This was one of my favorite posting of yours because of the admiration behind it! This is truly one of the best gifts a teacher could receive and moments you never forget. Keep up the GOOD WORK!! I wish you success as you continue on your professional path! :)

    ReplyDelete