Thursday, May 16, 2013

Awesome Author Focus: Bill Martin Jr


Bill Martin Jr truly was one of "America's favorite children's author." He wrote for almost 60 years, creating a number of loved children's stories, for a young audience, creating memorable literature such as, "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and 'I love our earth". As an early childhood educator, I find that the stories that impact children the most are ones that are filled with rhyme and repetition, colorful pages to capture the young reader, and a clear message that is easily comprehendible to children of a certain audience.


Front Cover



I recommend Bill Martin Jr's story of "Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom" for my top ECE read for this year. I love to engage my classes at the end of the year, in the third and final marking period in preschool with this loveable catchy story. By this point in the year, they have already been introduced to most of the letters in the alphabet, making it exciting and manageable for them to actively participate in the story. This allows for a very stimulating critical thinking discussion after the story to engage the students in the reading and comprehension process.

ENJOY! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Bill Martin Jr is amazing! My classroom favorite is "Brown Bear Brown Bear". "Chicka,Chicka Boom Boom" is a great choice for preschoolers.

    ReplyDelete